• Home  / 
  • Health
  •  /  ‘Flesh-Eating Bacteria’ Infects Man After Visiting Valley Splash Pad

‘Flesh-Eating Bacteria’ Infects Man After Visiting Valley Splash Pad

A Glendale man is speaking up to warn others after being diagnosed with a “flesh-eating bacteria” after spending time at a Valley splash pad.


flesh eating bacteria


Jonathan Daggett checked into Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center after visiting the splash pad on Sunday, June 11.

However, Dr. Frank LoVecchio said it’s hard to pinpoint where Daggett contracted the Flesh-Eating Bacteria infection, but the temperature could have played a role.

As of Sunday, Daggett remained hospitalized and is still being treated for the issue.

“Unfortunately, as the heat goes up you’re more likely to develop bacteria and bacterial growth,” LoVecchio said.

“My message is pretty much, be careful with your kids. Investigate their body. Look and see if they have any cuts or wounds. It’s not a joke. It’s really serious,” Daggett said.

Banner Hospital has a poison control hotline you can call if you feel like you are having symptoms like Daggett. It’s free and available 24/7 at 1-800-222-1222.